1/12/2015

another list

I'm really slogging through this day.

I have a list SO LONG of shitty things I have to take care of, and it seems like every time I do one, it sprouts more shitty things for me to sort out.

Here's a list of things that I noticed didn't suck today:

1.  I talked to Willard on the phone.  About a former student of his, he told me, "She's a Republican, but she's a good person."  And then we both laughed so hard.

2.  I brought these two mugs to the laundromat.  For Christmas, Moe got me the one with a meerkat on it that says clit. "It's a meerkat!" she said.  Tammy gave me the Moscow mule mug; she had put it in her purse for me after I had admired it while drinking out of it at the bar by my parents' house.


3.  I listened to "Try A Little Tenderness" while I ate a sandwich.

4.  Rachel and Margaret both agreed that they've had enough of teaching White boy American lit at their respective teaching posts, and that they're just gonna "go quietly rogue."  (Rachel's always turning phrases that make you wanna stand up like, "go quietly rogue.") Also, resonating with Suzanne.  And a peek at Katie's kids' badass YPAR project on sexism at their school.  I really have some serious teacher-friends.  Thank goodness.



5.  My Mom.



6.  I like this sign at the Post Office.



1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Highlight of my day.