1/21/2015

"I mean really magnificent"

Last night, our Bible Study crew got to sit in Cecil Williams' office, talking with him and his badass wife, Janice Mirikitani.

When asked how they managed their personal overwhelmed-ness in the face of their massive transformative successes, they said:

Cecil Williams: "Most folks, when they get caught up in something that is about to be magnificent, I mean really magnificent, and they get caught up on it, what they do is they cut it short because they get afraid."
Janice Mirikitani: "Or they want to own it."
CW: "They want to own it.  That's right.  And you can't own it and get it going in faith and courage.  You have to, you have to be open to it.  Don't own it.  Be open to it."
JM: "And give it away." 
CW: "Yeah.  And give it away.  Yeah.  Yeah.  But, that's one thing I found out about by looking at the stories of the Old and New Testament of the Bible, and that is that you gotta take a risk.  If you don't take a risk, if you don't, if you don't say, 'I don't know it, but I'm doing it.'  If you don't know it... What we've got to do is learn how to take a risk, take a chance.  We just have to let it, and all of a sudden, it works, and it may take other folks to help it work, but it's working.  The important thing is it's working.  And, well, I got into a lot of trouble taking the risk, but I still took the risk.  I will always take the risk."





No comments: