1/23/2015

forcing myself to write this

This coffee shop where I write in the mornings must be the number one spot in SF for AA and Al Anon folks to come and have sponsor/sponsee meetings.  I like that about it.  Mostly, I don’t listen in, because… Anonymous, but there’s just so much talk about steps and self-care and dependency.  The thing I know about folks in recovery – from my life, from movies, from church, from my mornings here – is that they tend to keep it pretty real.  No boring small talk that makes me want to run the hockey puck out of here.

Another thing I like about this place is that the owner knows I want a large coffee for here, but he’s still kinda grumpy with me.  I think it’s because of the shoes (slippers) on the seat thing and because one time I turned the lights on in the back room and he came back and turned them off, telling me, “There’s enough light from the windows and from your screen.”  He plays good music, too.


Joaquín, my roommate, thinks the coffee here sucks, but I don’t mind.  I just miss Dunkin Donuts.

No comments: