8/06/2008

wanderlust

Lately, everyone's like, "Hey Ellen, let's go to ______________." And every time, I say "Yes. O.K." But the problem is, I can't go anywhere because I have to go to school. And then the breaks are only so long, and I only make so much money, so I can't possibly go to all these places. But I want to. And all this time I'm spending thinking about going places, but not actually planning to go anyplace, is really just not something I like.

So now I'm saying, definitely, I'm going somewhere over winter break.

like Portland:

or NYC:

or New Orleans:

or Howth:

or really, I'd like to go somewhere where I've never been. (I've never been to Portland or NYC, but I'm thinking somewhere SUPER cool.) I'm restless.

6 comments:

Kasey said...

I'm going to NYC for New Years. You should come with. We have people to stay with so that should drastically lower the costs.

Cassie said...

Okay if Portland isn't exotic enough for you I'd also consider Hawaii (Eva)... or anywhere in South America. We can stay with cool couchsurfers. And they can show us around.

Plump and Jewcy said...

Kasey, why didn't you invite me to NYE? Who the fuck is "WE" anyway?!?!?

Plump and Jewcy said...

Ellen, have you ever heard of CENSORSHIP? Why don't you go to CHINA if you like that kind of thing!!!

penthesileia said...

IF NYC IS THE PLACE YOU CAN TOTALLY STAY WITH ME I HAVE LIKE A FUTON AND AN AIR MATTRESS (OR RATHER I WILL) AND IT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME

...I might visit Ron sometime during the Christmas break, but I don't have much money so it wouldn't be a long time. If you tell me when you plan to come

ellen said...

you know, i think i might take you up on that. although, cassie, your offer of hawaii is appealing...