3/24/2009

proud mama

A few years ago, spurred a little bit by mean-spirited humor, and in response to the rampant dumbness of groups like these:







Colleen and I created this:

PHeights because Col's from Palos Heights, and EP because I'm from Evergreen Park. Facebook wouldn't let us use that many characters in the title. Now, obviously, no one from Chicago, when they're out and about, would tell a stranger that they're from Evergreen Park, Illinois, as close as it is to Chicago. But it was funny for Col and I to imagine. The group is ridiculous and childish, we know. And awesome. And it's brought us comments like these:


I thought about removing myself from the group just now, but then I saw this latest comment:

(For those of you not familiar with this part of Chicago/not-Chicago, Mt. Greenwood is a Chicago neighborhood that's literally across the street from Evergreen Park.)

And I can't bring myself to do it. Call me immature. Whatevs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was the best group ever you created.