6/09/2008

46 > 71

When Andrew, somewhat unwillingly ("It's a little mean... but funny.") sent me a link to thingsyoungerthanmccain.com, I got a pretty good laugh out of the idea that McCain is older than pee bee and jays.

What's funnier, though, than being older than that sandwich, is the list of names that reporters have given to this exchange between Michelle and Barack before his speech last week in St. Paul. My favorite? "The fist bump of hope." (Seriously, if you never follow any of the links I include in my posts, follow this one. Funniest article ever.)

5 comments:

Kasey said...

Author of this article, M.J. Stephey is a U of I alum, former University YMCA student, former editor-in-chief and founder of the Green Observer, and close personal friend of yours truly.

ellen said...

name-dropper!

Kasey said...

Listen, when you get famous, I'll be dropping your name too. So, don't hate.

penthesileia said...

Ok so I love ThingsYoungerThanMcCain.com Awesome. But I'm starting to get tired of the news coverage on the 'fist bump' (DAPS! That's what it's called, for CHRISSAKE). It's like the blogger at What About Our Daughters said -- it's going to be cool for the first couple days, but it's going to be really annoying when the press starts covering every single cultural "curiosity" the Obamas do like they're some foreign species of animal.

ellen said...

exactly! what the hell? i had no idea that it connoted so much?