12/14/2007

books in your pants

I'm a little embarrassed to be posting about Brotherhood 2.0 again, but seriously, I've not been able to stop watching it lately. It's becoming a compulsion. And, I'm pretty sure this is funny enough to warrant a post #3 on the same topic. (Maybe.)

So a long time ago, John's friend Maureen posted on her blog about a conversation that she had with John and E. Lockhart in which they discussed book titles that would be better if they'd been suffixed "in your pants." And then Hank and John posted videos in which they suggested even more in-your-pants titles. Since then, in-your-pants has really taken off on their site; their forum is called "My Pants" and they often suggest that viewers post comments in My Pants.

But I think they missed a few, so I've gathered some of the books from my room that I think get better once they're in-your-pants-ed.


Welcome to the Monkey House in Your Pants by Kurt Vonnegut
My Life in Your Pants by Bill Clinton
A Farewell to Arms in Your Pants by Ernest Hemingway
Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs in Your Pants by Chuck Klosterman
There Are No Children Here in Your Pants by Alex Kotlowitz
The Giver in Your Pants by Lois Lowry
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in Your Pants by Douglas Adams
Inherit the Wind in Your Pants by Jerome Lawrence and Robert E Lee
To the Lighthouse in Your Pants by Virginia Woolf
The Woman Warrior in Your Pants by Maxine Hong Kingston
Passing in Your Pants by Nella Larson
The Spanish Tragedy in Your Pants by Thomas Kyd
White Noise in Your Pants by Don DeLillo
The Women of Brewster Place in Your Pants by Gloria Naylor
And China Has Hands in Your Pants by H.T. Tsiang
The City of Joy in Your Pants by Dominique Lapierre
Invisible Man in Your Pants by Ralph Ellison
Coming of Age in Your Pants by Studs Terkel
Still I Rise in Your Pants by Roland Owen Laird, Jr. and Taneshia Nash Laird
Borrowed Time in Your Pants by Paul Monette


In some cases, these titles get funnier if you use "in My Pants" instead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am especially amused by My Life In Your Pants and And China Has Hands In Your Pants. I believe Kurt Vonnegut's and Alex Kotlowitz's novel would be well-served with "in my pants" :D

-Melissa

ellen said...

ha
totally agreed.

Anonymous said...

It's funny what you find out when you Google yourself. Didn't know I would be in someone's pants! (Taneshia Nash Laird, co-author with my husband Roland of "Still I Rise")

ellen said...

Gosh, Tanesiha, it's embarassing to be caught adding "in your pants" to a book title by the book's co-author. (Thanks for creating that book though! It's in my classroom library!)