6/06/2007

Jesus, Etc.

So Susan sent me a link to this really cool video yesterday:



There are two things I notice about it: (1) when I watch it and try to imitate the morphing women, I end up doing a robot-type dance, and (2) all of the women are white and most of them have eerily passive expressions on their faces. When I showed it to my roommate, Melissa, she thought the same thing (About my (2) at least. I didn't ask her about the robot thing.) Huh.

Then we got talking, somehow, about how Jesus gets artistically imagined. I can remember the first time I saw a painting of a Black Jesus. I was about ten, and I was at Swap-o-rama, a flea-market near where we live, with my dad. It freaked me out. It wasn't that I necessarily preferred seeing the white Jesus to which I'd grown accustomed in my religion books at school; more like, "Whoa. People can imagine Jesus looking millions of different ways."

Anyway, I Google Image searched Jesus, and these are some of the Jesus pictures that came up.






I think these two are particularly good stuff:

2 comments:

Susan said...

Bout time you let me in on this... Good thoughts. Fun to read. I like it.

ellen said...

thanks, susan!