6/09/2007

Hello BAMA!

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried:
A Republican senator slugging a Democratic senator gave the Alabama Legislature a national black eye, much like happened eight years ago when the southern state's lieutenant governor urinated in a jug, discreetly, at the front of the Senate chamber.

Anyway, along the same lines, just a few points of note from last night. We just went downtown to get a few beers, and I swear to God I found this:


A war protest in Mobile, Alabama? Hell yes. I'm there. I found this flyer on a counter at the pizza place/bar where we were. Later in the night I met the guy who was passing them out, Walter. I was telling him that a couple of us were going to stop over on our lunch break since it's during work hours, but he said to stop by after work too because they'd probably be hanging out. Pretty cool. A war protest in the deep south. I also saw "IMPEACH BUSH" written on a bathroom stall, but I didn't have my camera with me at the time.

Okay, and check this out. On the way home we stopped at a gas station to get some beers, a gas station that sells single beers for $1 or so.


I've never seen this before. One (1) Keystone Light, please. And they also had this at the gas station:

What you see pictured here is a collage of still frames from the security camera of people stealing in that very gas station. At least one of them also shows a cop arresting an offender. Most of them have funny little notes written on them about the thief and/or what she/he was stealing. Now that's good.

No comments: