8/03/2009

more fone fotos

In backwards order of taking.

Harvard flags that use textspeak (the last of which is incomprehensible to me):
(UPDATE: Cassie says that we do know what it means. That it means "May the force be with you," but I'm not convinced because no one says that about going to class. Josh suggested that it could mean "May the fish be wet underwater," which is also true. I still don't know what it means.)

haha. "FUCK!" in Harvard Square:

Their campus is okay but our quad's WAY better:

Cassie's favorite:

"really bad Portuguese music" according to our hosts:

lots of lights and flags for the Portuguese festival, The Feast of the Blessed Sacrament in New Bedford, Massachusetts:

Apparently, this town is really Portuguese because when the New England whalers would go looking for help for their whaling missions, the currents of the Atlantic take boats from New Bedford, MA straight to the islands off of Portugal and then right back to New Bedford. Huh.:

the mills and small beach in New Bedford:

more to come on this fellow later (preview: OMG.)

the theater where we saw the worst piece of theater ever theatered:

Spanish Harlem:

graffiti wall of fame at 106th and Park:

Off camera this looks more like "ASS TRANSPORTATION." I had to take a picture because of the connection I felt with my favorite part of Sister Act II, when Sister Mary Clarence is standing in front of the door to where she'll be teaching and it says "MUSIC ASSROOM."

a community garden in East Harlem:

part of my favorite exhibit at the Studio Museum Harlem, a collection of photography by area high school students:


cross-stitch in the Studio Museum Harlem!:

the Apollo:

the library at Colombia's main campus, which I saw on my way to the Teachers College bookstore:

2 comments:

-G- said...

Im pretty sure it does mean May The Force Be With You. I googled it. And google is always right.

Anonymous said...

713 2
273 2
506 4
232 7
179 6
306 9
331 2
76 6