11/18/2008

I want to be here:


And I want a couple of my kids to be able to go to a place like that sometime, too. I just think that some of them could really benefit from some time to chill the fuck out. It's exhausting to try to teach in a way that meets their overwhelming needs, but I bet it's even more exhausting to have those needs.

I want these students to be able to relax, and I mean reeeally relax. It would be cool to know that they were enjoying simple pleasures like quietness, sunshine, a beautiful view, a warm breeze, and cool, clean water.

The thing is, for most of the students that I wish this for, this is a financial impossibility. It's difficult to plan a fancy vacay when you're busy scraping grocery cash together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I ever come into some serious money I'll donate some proceeds to you and your class for a trip like that.

Now I need to start playing mega millions.

ellen said...

You're the best. That'd be great.

But let me be clear, I do NOT want to go on vacation with my students. That's not vacation; that's an organizational nightmare.