9/15/2008

Why is this happening to me?

Most nights as I'm falling asleep I listen to NPR podcasts. (I'm such a tool.) And one of my favorite shows to listen to is called Radio Lab, from WNYC, New York City's local NPR. I really like this episode, titled "Pop Music," in which they seek to answer the questions, "Why do some songs mercilessly stick in our heads and repeat themselves over and over? What makes these hooks so hooky?"

Anyway, right now, I've got this little diddy (embedded below) running through my head. And I just want to know, why? This song was song by the members of the junior chorus at my high school for our junior ring ceremony. That's the only time it was in my life. I wasn't even in chorus. So why am I being plagued by this crap?

Although, I will say, it's kind of fun and funny to sing it aloud with an exaggerated lisp. Especially that first line in the chorus: "Friendth are friendth forever if the Lord'th the Lord of them!"

3 comments:

Cassie said...

i don't know what the hell this is

ellen said...

it's bad music and corny lyrics.

-G- said...

this reminds me of an episode of saved by the bell.

by the way, why the hell IS this song stuck in your head. i attended that same exact ring ceremony and have zero recollection of this.

but did, in fact, enjoy the song that hughes played on the guitar.

that is all.