12/24/2015

retirement

Now that they're both retired and none of us live nearby anyway, my parents are toying with the idea of moving somewhere far away.  So this afternoon I went through all the shit in my room from grammar school, high school, and college.  Hilarious/touching/still kinda embarrassing.

Greatest Hits:

From Elizabeth's and my "Historical Getaway" sophomore (?) year.  We stayed with my Uncle Bob. Honestly, of all the stuff I found today, this is my favorite.  It's as funny to me now as it was then.


Rough draft of the itinerary for our Historical Getaway.


Final draft of the Historical Getaway itinerary.


Dude's still smelly, which I did not add to the list but should have put on the list.


Favorite/only doll.  Named Ralph.


I love this grammar school stuff.  Especially Red Ribbon Week.  They brought in these two guys every year.  One had a moose puppet that would fake lick the microphone, and the other could play the drums with glow sticks super cool -- because he's drug free.



My mom sent a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread every day for twelve years.  And I broke my wrist by pushing my brother's friend's butt.


"Ellen is cool!" "Laura is deadly!" Ellen is a dumie!" "Not"  


Just a few of the so much Virgin Mary regalia.


Mr. (Greg) Syler was the new Theology teacher and hot, so we used to use Yahoo! to search for pictures of him.


Diary entry on a trip to Ohio for a feis:
"Got up at 7:00 and drove Mom nuts.  Finally left at 10:00.  Picked up Kate.  Drove for a while.  I had to go pee.  Said it out loud.  Katie had to go pee we stopped at Hardees & went pee"



The caption kills me.


Evidence of bossiness blossoming in high school.  Items 4 and 7 are my favorite.


Wall calendar from 8th grade.  Things I love about this:
Noted WWF programs every Sunday and Monday... as if I would have forgotten.  AS IF.
Hot lunch days! 
Show Show Show Show Show (March, so we danced at lots of St. Patrick's day events.)
Noted Terra Nova testing
Confessions


I remember being so excited for this field trip because "Moliere really pumps my nads." ("I love his work.")


... Thank GOODNESS for that Gender and Women Studies class I took my first semester at Illinois.


Would you get with Tag if you had to get with fat Chandler?


Every month, without fail, when the school newspaper came out, Moe would rip this section out and make fun of me.


From the first time I ever got drunk!


We're (Moe and I) soulmates.

No comments: