12/13/2008

Aren't children just precious angels?

Johnny just called me to tell me he heard his daughter, my darling niece Finola, playfully reciting the names of the people in her family:

"There's Nana (my Mom), and Coach (my Dad), and Michael (my brother), and Crappy Girl (me)..."Because her older brother Eoin has consistently disliked me since he's been old enough to say, "I hate you," Johnny taught him to call me Aunt Crappy.

Whatever. This "Crappy Girl" thing's just a phase; I know it. She'll be back to puking on me in no time.

2 comments:

Plump and Jewcy said...

What a blessing to have a smaller, but identical version of you that totally despises your existence! Miracle!

penthesileia said...

I was just thinking the same thing. Finola looks just like you! Why doesn't Eoin like you?