4/20/2008

lucky lady

Reasons my weekend was great:

I took Friday off of work, but the students were off, too, so I didn't miss a day of teaching.

I experienced my first earthquake, and to my knowledge, no one was injured.

I stopped by the school I'm teaching at next year, and got to see some of my former students.

I went on a fabulous coffee/walk date.

I picked out a new apartment with my sweet new roommate for next year.

I took the bus to ISU, and caught up with a friend from grammar school who happened to be taking the same bus.

I went to a hilarious birthday party for Moe on Friday night, and got to hang out with the coolest women to ever hit Bloomington-Normal.

I read poetry in Carle Park on Saturday night in 70 degree weather. Yeah. How English major is that. I still got it.

I woke up early and walked to the grocery store to get food for lunch for the week.

I decided to try staying this vegetarian course I've been on for the past few weeks.

I planned my lessons through Thursday.

I graded my students' fabulous human rights PowerPoint projects.

The Student Board at the Y finally finished its recommendations for changes to the by-laws, which has been a year-long project.

The Student Board had another successful service day.
I re-watched one of my favorite documentaries.

I made measurable progress on my electronic portfolio.

4 comments:

Plump and Jewcy said...

i'm glad that through your illness you were able to read POETRY in the PARK even though you were too sick to celebrate one of the holiest days of the year for jews. :(

NO IT'S FINE I'M FINE IT'S TOTALLY FINE.

ellen said...

i miss you already :(

Anonymous said...

Ok...since when did you have a school to teach at next year and all of this? So you're staying in IL?

ellen said...

man, we have to talk soon. i have so much to tell you. i'll call this weekend.