2/02/2016

Navigating all that unpacking and complicating and problemetizing.

Walking down the hallway at Mills yesterday, I heard just these words from a conversation two women were having:
"...notion that how we position the concept..."
I immediately texted the words to myself so that I could remember them because I thought they were so funny.  I love graduate school jargon.

Just now though, it's making me think of the Bechdel test for movies, TV, etc.:

(1) Does it have two named female characters?
(2) Do they talk to each other?
(3) ...About anything other than a man?

Clicking the link above will take you to a sad long list of all the movies that fail the test.  More movies need to feature women talking about the notions of how we position concepts.  I'd go to those movies.

No comments: