6/14/2015

retreat

In November, I promised myself that when I felt well enough to enjoy it, I'd come back here, my favorite place.




All I want to do is read and write and, as harmlessly as possible, do whatever the fuck I feel like.

I went down to the thrift store to try to get some sunglasses. I lost mine. I didn't like any of them six dollars' worth (which seems kinda high to me), but I did like the way they'd organized their knick-knack department. (Jess.)



On the way, I saw this. Felt kinda pitifully ironic or ironically pitiful or something because I'm reading Missoula.



I also looked at their CD collection. Last week, at the thrift store in my own neighborhood (which is where I lost my sunglasses), the preponderance of Sarah McLachlan, Indigo Girls, and the Goo Goo Dolls made me think my neighbors must be full of White girls.  But the one today had practically the same collection! Now I'm gonna collect data in every thrift I go into.


1 comment:

penthesileia said...

Haha! When I read the list of artists, before I made it to the end of your sentence, I definitely though "those sound like some real white girl bands..."