5/11/2009

I can't BELIEVE I forgot that I love reading.

I'm an English teacher for Chrissakes. It's just so easy to not read books when I spend all day reading emails, worksheets, student essays, blogs, news articles, message boards, my Google reader, Facebook, body language in my classroom.

In the last two weeks, though, I've read this:(Holy cow.)
this:
(Tres compelling.)
this:
(Kinda dumb and kinda awesome.)
this:
(Inspiring.)
and this:(Challenging. As in I feel like I better do something.)

Now I'm getting started with this:(Required reading for my summer course!)

All excuses accounted for, I seriously don't know why I let myself get out of the practice of reading all the time. Shameful. These last two weeks, I've found that my books have woven into my thought processes even when I'm not reading; I'm making all kinds of connections between what's on the pages I'm reading and what's being said, written, performed, resisted in my classroom.

I mean, duh. This is what I ask my students to do all the time. Why the f did I think I was exempt?

No comments: