5/31/2008

an ode to Susan's new sweet blog

reasons (besides my family) why I like visiting my parents' house:

1. Art Institute membership card
2. My mom always has goat cheese in the fridge.
3. driving my Dad's car and listening to Neil's mix CDs
4. my parents' badass remodeled bathroom
5. the Friends bookstore at Oak Lawn Library where books cost 25 cents
6. Pappy's and Irish Manor and Elia's
7. delicious and nutritious home-cooked meals
8. basically, the food in general, especially since I'm on vacation from being a vegetarian
9. walking on the lakefront
10. when my Dad says work was "taxing"
11. getting my English Journal and other sweet mail that's collected since last time I came home

2 comments:

penthesileia said...

LOL, see you like English Journal. I enjoy collecting Journal of Research on Adolescence and American Psychologist. Field based journals kick total ass.

ellen said...

oh yes. it's good stuff. i get excited just thinking about carving some time into my day to read an article.

and having nerd friends like you makes me feel like that's ok. cool, even?