10/19/2015

months in the making

Friday morning, B and I stepped away from the meeting in the math room to finish up the pages going into the reader.  C was there, and Ms. G was leaving, so we had to (got to) have him copy it all for us right then.  While C was running our second copy through, and while I was working on the Table of Contents of his computer, B fidgeted and paced.  We both kept glancing over to Ms. G’s office where C stood at the copier.  B said, “I feel like I’m waiting for my child to be born,” and I totally agreed.  My giddy fingers kept hitting the wrong keys, and I kept frantically backspacing.

I let B take care of hole-punching because it has to be exact, and I don’t have the patience for that shit.  Needed an artist’s handling.

When it was time to press the lever that would curl the plastic spine through the  holes, B called me over to press it with him.


A whole lot of high fives were exchanged.

No comments: