10/11/2009

eeyow

I hate that feeling where I'm trying to think of something and/or anything to say, and five or ten really dumb ideas click through my brain, get evaluated and quickly rejected, and I'm thinking, "Shiiiit... we should be talking right now. This is awkward. Fuck fuck fuck." And I really hate it even more when, in a situation like this, someone else says, "Well, this is awkward," because that's one of the dumb things to say that clicks through and should be rejected because it doesn't lessen the pressure on the other person (or the rest of the group) to be socially brilliant, or even just socially adept. It just outs them as being awkward, and I don't think that's advisable in terms of creating positive vibes. You know?

2 comments:

cassiecle said...

hahah! i never considered getting angry at awkwardness but good idea

-G- said...

no no no. awkwardness is awesome. you can tell alot about a person in an awkward moment!