9/20/2007

Almost as cool as regular graffiti. Almost.

Something I've been wanting to blog about for a while. Walking through my neighborhood, something that stands out is the way that the people who live here use their homes, yards, and cars as spaces for written discourse. People write all over this neighborhood. Below are pictures of just very few examples of all of the writing around here:







The final image, which for some reason I can't get to load vertically, is something I'll probably write more about later. This robot-ish motif is something I've been taking note of all over campus-town. I wonder if there's some artist responsible for all of its instances. Or maybe there's an underground robot art movement. That'd be pretty cool.

One of my favorite pieces of public writing in this neighborhood is something I don't have a photo of yet. One house's address is marked "605?" I can't remember if 605 is actually the number or not, but the question mark is what I like love.

Number of times I used the word something in this post: 4. Now 5.

No comments: